Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Main Topic - Losing Weight and Eating Healthy

All information in this BLOG are not facts, but opinions and views of the author. In other words, read it, but don't sue me!

I will start with this statement first and hopefully it will stick. I'll repeat it later:

Low-Fat, Low-Carb, Sugar-Free, and Diet are all S C A M S !

<><><><><><><><><><><>><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Pre-Fatness - 188 lbs.

I was working as a network engineer for about a year and a half. I pretty much didn't care what I ate. I thought I looked fine. I had an amazing candy soda addiction. I could finish a 2-liter bottle of grape soda in a day and a half. Thank God they were only 99 cents. Since I had a normal lunch hour, I took advantage of all the lunch specials around me. There were 2 fast food restaurants on every block. Every once in a while I would splurge and go all-you-can-eat. I fell into the 9 to 5 workers routine. And when the weekend came, I played hard. I knew all the right people in Scottsdale and was in the clubs, lounges, bars every Friday and Saturday night. I also became a casual smoker. Smoking was just a bad habit I picked up from working in Tucson all the time. It was a 2 and a half hour drive each way, so I would spend 5 hours on the road. Cigarettes were the only thing that kept me from falling asleep. At first, I didn't inhale them. I started smoking cigars for that same reason. I lived in Ft. Washington and went to school in Baltimore. The cigars were getting expensive since I was driving to Tucson 4-5 days a week. I started inhaling the cigarettes. I got my nicotine fix. I tried chewing tobacco once, but nearly threw up.


Me at my fattest (December 2003)

The first sign of trouble was when I went to the doctors for my yearly check-up. They took a blood test and it came back with an elevated liver enzyme. I had no idea what that meant. I asked my mom, and she said those things could change daily and to get retested. 2 weeks later, the same thing. They had no idea what could be causing it since I was relatively healthy looking. I wanted to get that resolved, so I stopped drinking as much soda, alcohol and quit smoking. I took the test a month and a half later and it came out ok. The second sign of trouble was that my clothes stopped fitting me. They were getting a bit snug. I refused to buy larger clothes, but I started wearing my CCW (concealed carry weapon) jeans. (Arizona is a concealed carry state, so I got 36 waist jeans so my pistol would fit inside the waistband.)

I stepped on the scale and weighed in at 188.

The journey starts, May 2004

Phase 1 - 163 lbs.
Don't get fat phase


I hit 188 and told myself, "I'll be damned if I hit 190." Being a martial arts instructor and fitness role model for so long, I refused to gain more weight. I started by doing cold turkey on junk food. No more chocolate, cookies, candy, etc... I stopped drinking carbonated drinks. My candy soda substitute was iced tea. I drank tap water for lunch, which also saved a lot of money (1.50 for a soda is really ridiculous). I started working out with my friend Don, sparring on the weekends. I cashed in on a free membership from a former student at Gold's Gym. My dinner, almost every night was chicken ceaser salad. I bought a big bag of chicken and Foreman grilled a few pieces every night. Every blue moon, I would treat myself to a steak. My lunches during work were salads. Every fast food restaurant was carrying salads. My favorite was Arby's Oriental Chicken. I am anti-diet fad (I tried Atkins and it was horrible...a different story), but I went with a lazy version of the "Caveman Diet". Only eat foods that can be killed or harvested.
Click Here to learn about the Caveman Diet

I got a personal trainer at Gold's Gym. I told him I'd like to be the same weight I was at in College, around 155-160. He told me that honestly he didn't think I would be able to hit 165. He said it was near impossible based on my body shape and muscle build. (That's when the challenge started...I'll show him!).

I also experienced cage-free eggs for the first time. My roommate’s mom told me about grocery store eggs. The hens are jam packed in the hen houses and fed recycled feed that could also consist of animal products. Since the hens don't move around, they wallow in their own feces. Part of their feed included small amounts of arsenic so it would kill the flies lingering around in their feces. Anyways, I tried a hard-boiled cage free egg. I was amazed. It was a totally different egg! It actually tasted like an egg. Are we all used to anti-biotic, non-vegetarian fed, growth hormone food?

Within 4 months, September 2004, I weighed in at 163. I showed my trainer!


Phase 2 - 158 lbs.
Supersize me phase



Most of my dieting was based on the documentary, "Super-Size Me". I think that movie really opened my eyes to the greedy corporate pigs and crap they put in food. I try not to do the diet fad thing, so I try to keep my rules simple. My diet at this point was to avoid 3 things: 1. High Fructose Corn Syrup 2. Hydrogenated Oils 3. Foods high on the glycemic index. At that point I had no idea what they did to the body; I just blamed those three for fat Americans.
Click Here to learn about hydrogenated (trans) oil
Click Here to learn about McDonald's Fries

I was basically on the same diet, but I was making smarter choices. I moved back to D.C. so I was teaching martial arts again. I increased my cardio and my pants started fitting me again. My only weakness at this point was Filipino food. Very oily, and fatty.... lots of pork.

I've always been open minded to different things. Shoot, I'll try almost anything. I experienced a different new-agey thing.... floating. (This was a birthday present). Totally out of the movie Altered States. Floating in a sensory deprivation tank. It was pretty neat. Cleared my mind pretty good.
Click Here to learn about sensory deprivation tanks

I stepped on a scale 8 months later, May 2005, and weighed in at 158.


Phase 3 - 146.5 lbs.
Kevin Trudeau and Andrew Weil phase


Let me tell you.... this book changed the way I look at a lot of things. "Natural Cures THEY Don't Want You To Know About" by Kevin Trudeau.

I was suckered into the infomercial and found it cheap on Amazon. I bought it pre-released, so it was waiting for me when I got back from the Philippines. The first four chapters are hard to get through....albeit necessary to read. It's funny though because he's such a conspiracy theorist, you can almost hear him ranting in your head. There is a long rap sheet on his shady past, and skeptics tear him inside-out. Throughout the book he plugs his newsletters and website for more specific information because the FTC will not allow him to publish it. I WAS going to subscribe to the website for $10/month. Thanks to the internet and google, I don't see the need to subscribe to his website or newsletters. There's plenty of free information out there. Eventually, I might try the website for a month or two just to see what it's all about. I also got his CD, "Lose 30 lbs. in 30 days", but I haven't listened to it yet. If you're intelligent enough though, I think you can see through all the fluff and ranting and be able to absorb what is useful. This book doesn't have all the answers or even decent explanations (It refers to apple-cider vinegar as "magic"), but it's a good intro level book. From this point on, I will refer to it as, "The Book".

Andrew Weil is someone I started reading about when I was in Arizona. He's from Tucson. He's quickly gaining popularity nationwide. I think he was even on Oprah. He is far more credible than Kevin Trudeau. He is actually a medical doctor that changed his ways. His focus tends to be more towards the older generation and longevity. In my opinion, his stuff is great, but he's still fat.

Click Here to go to Dr. Weil's website

The Book states 2 facts:
1. There are 4 reasons people get sick:
- Toxins in the body
- Nutritional Deficiencies
- Electromagnetic Chaos
- Stress

2. Arteriosclerosis is caused by 3 things:
- Homogenized Milk
- Hydrogenated Oil / Trans Fat
- Chlorinated Water

To truly understand a lot of what I'm referring to, you really need to read The Book.

At this point, I would spend about 2 hours every morning on the internet doing research. The Book is an excellent guide, however, it crams so much information in it, there little substantiation. I'd pick a topic and research it for a while (my scientific objective side popping out). A brief summary of what I came up with:

Liver - This needs to be 100%. The liver is the only organ that metabolizes fat. If you liver is taxed, it does not work to peak efficiency. Toxins are the main culprit it taxing it out. I found that there's only 1 item that's maxing out the liver:

1. Man made anything you put in your mouth - Think about it though... it's 95% of what you eat
- Prescription drugs
- Non-prescription drugs
- Processed meat in "mystery form" (i.e. cold cuts)
- GMO Meat (Genetically Modified Organism i.e. rBGH and antibiotics)
- GMO produce (altered to become bigger and disease resistant or even seedless)
- Pesticides (in pretty much everything)
- Hydrogenated Oils
- HFCs (High Fructose Corn Syrup)
- Chlorinated Water
- Fluorinated Water
- Chemical "Spices" (MSG and "flavorings")
- Artificial Sweeteners

Cut that one thing out....and I think you're on the right track. The Book says, "If you can't pronounce it, don't eat it." Where does Polysorbate 80 grow anyways?

So to start with, I chucked my vitamins. Then I chucked all my other pills. Painkillers, allergy medicine, throat spray, aspirin, pretty much all pills. They were replaced with food-based vitamins, chlorella, digestive enzymes, coral calcium, and probiotics. I will detail each of those later. According to Dr. Weil, digestive enzymes are the ONLY supplement we really need to be taking given the diet was healthy.

My diet changed to 3 things to cut out.... aside from going all-natural and organic. 1. No High Fructose Corn Syrup, 2. No Hydrogenated Oil and 3. No Flour (formerly items high on the glycemic index). I started to realize that calories, carbs, and fats were not the enemy. I don't read labels anymore for their nutritional value; I just read them for the ingredients. If any of the evil three are there, they go back on the shelf. Homogenized milk....gone. It's goat's milk mow. Once you get used to the taste, it's actually pretty good. I also started eating raw organic almonds daily.
Click Here to learn about High Fructose Corn Syrup

I installed a shower filter and got sink water filters. I purchased a 5-stage reverse osmosis filter for my condo. Your skin is the largest organ. Well, it absorbs 60% of what you put on it then chlorine, fluorine, and everything else in tap water isn't going to touch my skin. That's pretty much why epsom salt baths work, right? The book states, "if you can't put it in your mouth, don't put it on your skin." Since it is a semi-permeable membrane. Chlorine was invented by the military as a biochemical warfare agent. In small doses, it kills microorganisms in the water, but it also is absorbed and scars the arteries.
Click Here to learn about fluoride
Click Here to learn about chlorinated water

I talked with Dr. Sakiliba Mines, MD, director of NIHA and she said she would anyone a million dollars on the spot if they could prove that fluoride was good for you. She was a truely inspiring person. She was originally a medical doctor. She said she didn't understand why more and more people were getting sick. She started doing her own research and relearned medicine all over again, but in a holistic approach. She went back to school another 8 years and founded NIHA.
Click Here to learn about National Integrated Health Associates

Skin cancer, I believe is a good indication of what you put on your skin. Skin cancer is a SCAM. The Book states that native Africans never get skin cancer and they get the most sun exposure than anyone. On course, you would think it was the melanin in their skin that protects them. But consider that African Americans in the United States get skin cancer with a fraction of the sun exposure the natives get. It's not the sun giving people cancer, it's the lotion. If you read the label, it's all chemical, and you certainly wouldn't put it in your mouth. The book also states that deodorant in women can be linked to breast cancer because of the aluminum and the deodorant clogging pores the lymphatic system would need to expel toxins.
**finding a link skin cancer study**

I walked or ran for 45 minutes every day. The book also states that in foreign countries, people walk 2-3 miles a day. In the United States, the typical person walks less than 1/10th of a mile a day. Walking is the best exercise. Slow, rhythmic strides.... You see people doing it all the time now.

I went all natural and all organic with my food. At first, I thought this was going to be an expensive endeavor, but it really wasn't. Yes, the items are more expensive, but at the same time, I was not buying junk food. Fruits and vegetables were on average 30 cents more than conventional fruit and meats were about the same price. My overall bill is only a few dollars more and it's better stuff. How much does cancer, liver failure, and sickness cost? You must be smart about your purchases though. Store brands are a lot cheaper than national brands. i.e. Horizons organic orange juice is $5.35 whereas Whole Foods organic is $3.29. If God made it, you can eat it.
Click Here to learn about Halal Meat
Click Here to learn about Mad Cow disease origins

I stopped drinking milk. Well, at least cow's milk. I did a lot of research on the homogenization process. This was done strictly to prolong shelf life. However, the molecules are spun so small, that they enter the insides of the arterial walls and scar them. This goes back to arteriosclerosis. The best example I can think of is a drain pipe. If it was smooth on the inside, no matter what you pushed through it, it would pass easily. If you somehow scarred or nicked the PVC or metal, small items would eventually "catch" and then build up, much like the lint screen in your dryer. Cholesterol cannot be directly linked to heart attacks. People with high cholesterol levels can be fine, whereas people with low levels can. The plaque buildup is caused by scarring this gives something for al the cholesterol to cling to. Chlorine and homogenized milk scar the insides of the arteries. It's estimated that decent scarring happens after about 20-30 years. So how old are people when they start having heart attacks?
Click Here to learn about pure milk
Click Here to learn about why milk might be bad all together

I started drinking a Vinegar/oil blend concoction every day. The vinegar is Bragg's unpasturized, unfiltered apple cider vinegar. Although it says it's a mystery and it's "magical". I have a hunch it helps deal with candida overgrowth. The oil is Udo's Oil Blend which supplies your with the essential oils you body needs as well as aid in digestion. Candida is the "bad" bacteria which is lower in the digestive system. If it starts to take over the "good" bacteria (probiotics), your digestion will be hindered. This is a reason why anti-biotics mess with your system. You're killing good bacteria and should be taking probiotics to help out. And antacids? Bad idea also. You're doing the opposite of what you think you're doing.
Click Here to learn about Apple Cider Vinegar
Click Here to learn about the magic of Apple Cider Vinegar
Click Here to learn about Essential Fatty Oils.

I paid attention to food combining. Edgar Cayce had it right since the 1950's. It's not really what you eat, it's how you combine the foods. I'll get into Edgar Cayce in a minute. Digestively it makes a little sense since the body needs to release the proper enzymes to digest the food. Speaking of which, I also started taking digestive enzymes.
Click Here to learn about food combining.

Acid/Alkalizing Diet. There is a lot behind this subject. If start with disease and cancer alone. There is significant evidence that disease can not survive in an alkaline environment (blood pH) that is. Foreign research (German I believe) shows that Oncologists are adjusting diet to change blood pH to a more alkaline state. Tumors disappear. These doctors have a nearly 100% success rate.
Click Here to learn about acid-alkaline book
Click Here to learn about acid-alkaline diet

I thought they were just for old people that were constipated, but I had my first colonic. It was actually the second part of my birthday present. (imagine... "Happy Birthday, now stick this up your butt".) Colon Hydrotherapy is the more technical term. The colonic flushes out the last 12 feet of your intestine. There is a lot that gets stuck. If you do a little research, there are things that are YEARS old that get stuck inside you. You can lose as much as 12 lbs. of undigested weight. I had already stopped eating the bad stuff, so I lost about 4-5 lbs. Flour is a biggie. Remember when you made paper mache pumpkins in elementary school? Strips of newspaper dipped in a mixture and placed over a balloon. That mixture is flour and water. That is the paste that is 1, coating your stomach and 2, hindering digestion. Power Bars and items that contain "protein isolate". Protein isolate is bad for 2 reasons. There are too many chemicals involved in isolating the protein. Hexane being one of the main ones. Also, the body does not know how to digest it. You know you're supposed to have 3 bowel movements a day? I was in a room where the question was posed, and some people said they only pooped every 2-3 days, or even once a week.
Click Here to learn about colon hydrotherapy.

I started re-reading Edgar Cayce. I must have read a hundred books on Edgar Cayce's prophecies and predictions. Every time there were passages on health and diet, I just skipped them. I read everything to do with the paranormal, Atlantis, the future. I always knew he was known as the "Father of Alternative Medicine", but I never made the connection. It ends up, that most of the modern theories on diet and disease he knew way back in the 1950's. The got the Edgar Cayce companion. I cross reference medical conditions and theories. I looked up cancer, food combining, acid-alkaline body pH. He was right on the money. They're explained in a more scientific way now, but he just knew. From that point on, I started to take a more holistic approach to my well-being.
Click Here to learn about Holistic Medicine. (You may spend a few days at this site)

Kristen, a friend who's a personal trainer and yoga instructor in Chicago started an "experiment" with one of her clients. He was close to 300 lbs. He was fairly wealthy and hired some personal trainers to help with his situation. He had some personal instructors to help him with his cardio, some with his strength, and Kristen for general fitness and flexibility/alignment. The man hit a plateau as far as losing weight. He was insanely addicted to painkillers. Since nothing was changing, Kristen simply adjusted his diet. Just cut out the dangerous 3.... Hydrogenated Oil, HFCS, and flour.... Then... the weight started falling off. She also gave him milk thistle to help with cleansing his liver. He stopped taking the painkillers. From just adjusting his diet and cleaning his liver, he's lost almost 100 lbs.

CARBS, SUGAR, and FAT are NOT the enemy. It's toxins and man-made products. "No carb, sugar free, diet, fat-free"..... bull-oney. The processes to remove these or the substitutions for them are far more harmful for you. Nutrasweet.... Well, consider that the FDA has stated that 2 of the side effects are weight gain and death. Even if you try decaffinated products. There can be as many as 10 different chemicals in the extraction process. One of the big ones being hexane. There is a water process to decaffinate, but it is expensive, and unless the label specifically says the water process was used, it probably wasn't. From what I read, if something is carb-free, it's usually because the sugar is being replaced with an artificial sweetner. In an Women's health article talking about splenda:

"Sucralose is not recognized in the body as food — that’s why it has no calories. The majority of people don’t absorb a significant amount of Splenda in their small intestine. The irony is that your body actually wants to clear unrecognizable substances by digesting them, so the healthier your gastrointestinal system is, the more likely it is you’ll absorb the chlorinated molecules of Splenda. These get stored in your fat cells and it may take years to figure out whether they’re influencing your health."

Click Here to learn about Nutrasweet
Click Here to learn about the decaffination process
Click Here to read the entire article on Splenda (this one's good)

Try these natural sweetners:
Sucanat
Stevia
Evaporated Cane Juice
You can get these at Whole Foods or My Organic Market.

That's my new take on food and labels. I never read the label for the stats, I read the label for the ingredients. Kevin states in The Book that he lobbied the Atkins diet for 2 years. After investigating and researching it, he dropped it and now calls it the biggest scam in dieting. I tend to agree. Any diet that denies you of fruit can't be good. Ketosis is why it works, but every definition of ketosis calls it a "toxic state". I did it once to lose quick weight for a commercial shoot. I lost 12 lbs in 2 weeks, but was I grouchy and weak. STAY FAR AWAY! Dr. Atkin's death is a huge controversy. If he did indeed die as a result of his diet, I'm sure that knowledge would destroy his estate. Did he die from a head injury, heart attack, or maybe even a head injury caused from a hearth attack?

"...an official and confidential document from the New York City Medical Examiner's Office sent to the news media by Atkins' opponents. It purported to show that Dr. Atkins weighed in at 258 pounds at the time of his death, obese for a six-foot-tall man. And the notes listed a surprise history of serious heart problems including myocardial infarction (a heart attack), congestive heart failure and hypertension." You decide.
Click Here to read about Atkins death controversies
Click Here to read an interview with Atkin's wife (She calls the press "The Taliban"

One quick note concerning microwaved food. The Book has a real new-age explanation about this, things like life-force and stuff like that. But the fact of the matter is that microwaving food changes all organic matter at a molecular level. The body has problems trying to digest it. It actually is taken as a foreign substance. I did a quick, easy experiment that The Book mentions. A friend of mine did this as a science fair project when she was a kid.

Basically, I grew grass in 3 pots. 1 was watered with filtered water, another with tap water, and one with microwaved water. Basically, the microwaved didn't grow. Again this was quick. I didn't set up any controls and it got botched when it rained and then they all grew, so I'll probably redo it soon. I haven't used a microwave in almost a year. When I found that link below, I just learned that Russians ban microwaves. Furthermore, the phthalates release from plastics when you microwave food is bad. Oh, and speaking of artifical containers, did you know that when you drink coffee out of a styrofoam cup, it weighs 10% less than before it contained coffee. Things that make you say, "Hmmm....." I'm not going to even get into Teflon. You can research that yourself.





Click Here to learn about how microwaving changes food.
Click Here to learn about microwaved food in plastics
Click Here to learn about teflon

Remember, there are 4 reasons people get sick:
- Toxins in the body
- Nutritional Deficiencies
- Electromagnetic Chaos
- Stress

Since this is a BLOG mainly on diet and exercise, I will not get into electromagnetic chaos and stress. They are, however, important to your overall well-being. I will have to leave it up to you to do our own research. Please check these links in your spare time:
Click Here to learn about Electromagnetic Radiation
Click Here to learn about Stress and cortisol


Post Phase 3 condition
- I'm never tired. I used to take naps daily. I wake up naturally at 9am, regardless of when I sleep
- I'm in a better moods for the most part.
- Concentration and reflexes are returning
- Overall, I just started feeling better.
- My pants stop fitting AGAIN. But not because they were too tight... too LOOSE.
- My vision was restored to 20/20. I stopped wearing my glasses.



Weight as of November 2005

My overall explanation as to the weight loss: LIVER EFFICIENCY. The liver is what metabolizes fat, but if the liver is taxed, it does not work to peak efficiency. What taxes the liver? Read all the stuff above.... After I cut the toxins out, ate organic, and did my liver cleanse, the weight just started falling off. Remember high fructose corn syrup? As stated in the link, every cell in the body can metabolize sugar, but only the liver can metabolize fructose. HFCS is in EVERYTHING. Seriously, read the labels. It is the sweetner of choice in the U.S. simply because we grow a lot of corn. Most of it is only fit for cow feed, but after the processing, it's a sweetner. Sorry, but sugar cane doesn't exactly grow in abundance in the U.S.

To clarify the timeline.....about 18 months:

May 2004 - 188 lbs
August 2004 - 168 lbs
Sept 2004 - 163 lbs
May 2005 - 158 lbs (This is when I started phase 3)
Nov 2005 - 146

Phase 4 - suspected 155
Rebuilding phase (present phase)


This is a phase where I basically start over. Now that I'm at a good start. I can live the lifestyle that I'll stick with and stop saying things like, "I wish I knew about McDonald's when I was younger...."

Admittedly, I'm pretty skinny now... Honestly, too skinny. I don't think I was this skinny since College. I've earned the nickname "Ethiopian".


Now... time to rebuild. I've been increasing my cardio. I've been riding my bike to work. Once it gets cold, I'll most likely hit the gym in the evenings. I've decided not to use weights. Adding bulk that way never seems to make too much sense since it must be constantly maintained or else you revert to your natural state... So why not just keep the a more natural state and maintain strength from there? I'm not saying resistence training is bad, I'm simply not going to use weights. From teaching tae kwon do, I must do 100 squats, 100 push-ups, a thousand sit-ups, and a bah-jillion kicks. I think the only outside equipment I use is a swiss ball.

Let it be known that there is indeed a difference between being healthy and being fit. The Book talks about this. The man that wrote "Running For Dummies" was a marathon runner. He dropped dead of a heart attack. I believe The Book may have failed to mention he was 70-years old... so that point may be moot. However, I wonder if he died from cardiac arrest onset by arteriorsclorosis.....

You can be fit and not healthy.... you can also be healthy and not fit. Your goal is be be BOTH!

Excercise ALONE will only temporarily help you lose weight. It's 50% excercise and 50% diet. REMEMBER THAT!

The book also talks about walking. I'm going to try to keep that up. Walking around Arlington keeps that pretty simply. It seems that walking really gets my digestive system working. If I hadn't had a bowel movement when I go walking, I have one immediately afterwards. I just gotta make sure I don't look like one of those dorky olympic power walkers.

Strength and flexibility.... Pilates and yoga.... or a blend of the two in power yoga. I must say, I thought I was flexible before... I've just scratched the surface. Yoga and meditation will also help me reduce stress and reach a higher state of consciousness...but that's another BLOG.

Detoxing is going to be interesting. I've anxious to see what kind of garbage I can eliminate from my body.
Click Here to see stuff removed from the liver and gall bladder

I've only done the liver detox so far. My next goal is to do heavy metals and parasites next. I've started taking chlorella since it's a major part of eliminating heavy metals.
Click Here to learn about detoxes and cleanses

I attended the Natural Living Expo. I knew a little about Ayurveda, and now I'm doing more research.
Click Here to learn about The Natural Living Expo
Click Here to learn about Ayurveda

At the end of it all, I suspect a strong, slender physique which I'll keep until I die... around 125 years old. My target is to try to look like Rodney Yee. Some big popular Asian yoga bendy dude. I was trying to figure out how old he was. Someone that trained with him last year said he was 48-49 years old. Not too shabby....



Thanks for reading. The purpose is to explain my journey to losing weight, exercise, and expose the bad stuff you're eating. I want to help anyone struggling with these types of issues. I cannot tell you how many times I went back to add and edit facts. The BLOG nowhere resembles the original outline I had. Right now, everything seems all over the place. I'll restructure this once I figure it all out. Feel free to post and ask questions, but again, please don't criticize unless you've done a little research to back it up.


Special THANKS to Kristen for opening my eyes and introducing me to a lot of the hippie side of health and my big (literally and figuratively) brother Mark for taking my information with an open mind. I hope this helps, Kuya.

Please e-mail me with any broken links, type-o's, whatever.... I wrote this BLOG without any spellcheck or even an HTML editor. All in Notepad.exe (OLD SCHOOL!)


Other Suggested Links:

www.formerfatguy.com - Very Inspriational, got me started
www.vitacost.com - my personal online store
www.blessed herbs.com - Cleansing kits
www.relfe.com - interesting articles for the conspiricy theorist


Other Interesting Articles:

Fast Food Nation
Herbal Home Remedies
Alternative Medicine Version of PDR
Article on Anti-Aging foods
Article on Li Chung Yun, lived 250 years
Article on the herb ho-shou-wu - "secret" to living long




6 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger Francis Pineda said...

Wow! Amazing story Amanda, I'm so happy for you. I hope I was able to offer some other suggestions. Please help spread my BLOG around!

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Francis Pineda said...

Hey! Check it out... I got an e-mail from the formerfatguy...
------------------------------------------

"Francis, in case you didn't hear already, I sent out your website address to my subscribers and will continue to do so.

it's a great site and a testamount to natural health.

I see you followed in a lot of my footsteps.

the next course of action for you I think is Sunrider."


------------------------------------------

Totally cool.... someone who actually answers their own e-mail

See him at:

www.FormerFatGuy.com

 
At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You quit smoking, quit drinking, and started workikng out again. Geez, you're no fun anymore!!!

Happy you made your goal, sorry to see you leave Phoenix! Hope you have a great holiday!

Jim Poage

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger vics said...

Hey...wow..amazing blog. I really enjoyed it. I'm from the snowboarding meetup group....and i'm slowly entering the natural food/items saga, but b/c of environmental reasons (protecting natural resources and sustainability issues)

 
At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re your guess as to Rodney Yee's age, this is what is posted on his site:

Hi Yogis,
We're already well into 2006 even by the Chinese calendar. How are those yoga promises holding up? Did your mind bite off more than you could chew or have you reorganized your life sensibly? My 49th birthday lies only days away and my dad just reminded me again that he retired when he was 51 years old. He highly recommends that I do the same. What he doesn't seem to realize is that I love my work and that I intend to keep on teaching yoga till reincarnation comes and changes my DNA.

Keep up the great work!!

Lisa
Phoenix, AZ

 
At 4:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home